6 Keys to Planning a Luxury Wedding That Leaves Guests in Awe
When your budget isn’t an issue and you’re simply looking for ways to make your wedding day special and breathtaking, there are plenty of options available. Unfortunately, too many options quickly complicate the planning process. They key is narrowing your focus down to what is truly important. For most couples, crucial details of a wedding boil down to 6 main elements, all of which are essential to weddings on Bahamas’ islands.
The Ultimate Location
Much like real estate, a wedding is defined by its setting. With more couples choosing a destination wedding, it’s becoming harder to pinpoint a location that meshes with the season, theme, and extravagance of a luxury wedding. Determining the ideal location for your celebration involves a review of the following:
- Number of guests. How many people you’re inviting – and how many will likely attend – is a crucial aspect of choosing a location. You’ll need ample room for seating, dining, and dancing so your guests won’t feel cramped.
- Indoor or outdoor. Have you always envisioned a wedding by sunset, or would you prefer to bypass tradition with a mid-morning wedding and formal brunch to follow? Whether you want an indoor, outdoor, or combination wedding, you’ll need to pick a destination to accommodate these wishes.
Weddings on Bahamas: The Perfect Venue
Picking out the right venue takes time, and picking the perfect venue may require a substantial wait. When a luxury wedding is in your future, it pays to meticulously scout for the best venue. To ensure your guests are comfortable and well taken care of during your celebration, focus on the features of a venue that guests will remember most, such as:
- Staff. The number of guests you choose will dictate how many staff members are needed to make a wedding run smoothly. Consider the many stages of a wedding, from guest arrival to reception celebrations.
- Level of service. For a luxurious event, quality outranks quantity. To what extent will the service and support staff go to ensure the wedding party and guests are comfortable? Ideally, the ratio of staff to guests should be 5:1 or less, to ensure everyone’s needs are met.
- Ambiance. Whether achieved naturally or with the help of a wedding designer, the ambiance of a venue directly influences the emotions that guests feel when attending your wedding. Think about adding special touches to make the event more memorable, such as live dancers, enhancing the venue’s “wow” factor.
Remember, a luxurious wedding doesn’t have to take place indoors. Luxurious weddings on Bahamas’ islands take place both indoors and outdoors, but few couples can resist the opportunity to wed alongside crystal blue waters and lush tropical greenery.
A Renowned Photographer
A wedding isn’t simply a moment in time; it’s also a memory you’ll capture forever through film and video. Invest in the quality of your memories by hiring a photographer with experience capturing luxury weddings. Because you will not want to miss any details, ask about the number of staff used to film and photograph a wedding, their experience in the field, and whether the group has performed destination weddings.
Depending on the size of your event, a team of photographers may be required to capture moments during the ceremony, reception, and formal wedding party photo session. Always review samples of previous work and confirm the copyright and reproduction terms.
Second to smell, taste is strongly tied to memory. The food served at your wedding may be the difference between raving reviews and upturned noses; don’t let your Bahamas wedding paradise become ruined by mediocre food. Consider the most important aspects of choosing the event’s menu:
- Fresh food. There’s a reason top chefs prefer using fresh ingredients; they simply taste better. Be selective about the ingredients used to prepare your wedding feast.
- Experienced chefs. When it comes to serving a wedding party, hiring experienced chefs to manage and oversee the process is essential to the success of your event.
- Make it unique. Consider adding an interesting element to your guests’ dining experience by bringing the kitchen to the table. Set up tableside cooking stations with a made-to-order menu.
When expertly combined with the event’s ambiance and location, gourmet cuisine serves as the finishing touch to weddings on Bahamas’ island coasts.
With smell officially ranked as the strongest sense tied to recollection, don’t forget to incorporate alluring fragrances into the ceremony and reception. Between the pleasant smells and cheerful colors, flowers are a timeless complement to luxurious weddings. If choosing the Bahamas for your destination wedding, consider incorporating the following local flowers into bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces:
- Hibiscus. Featuring edible petals, the hibiscus flower is quintessentially tropical and available in multiple colors, including yellow, orange, and bright pink.
- Bougainvillea. Naturally gorgeous in hues of white, yellow, orange, pink, and purple, bougainvillea flowers add a tropical flare to destination weddings on Bahamas’ sandy shores.
- Yellow elder. The national flower of the Islands of the Bahamas, the yellow elder is bright, cheery, and readily available.
If calla lilies, ranunculus, or other flowers not indigenous to the Caribbean are a must for your wedding, make hiring a wedding planner a priority. He or she will be an invaluable asset when procuring a capable florist and creating a Bahamas wedding paradise.
Work with a Wedding Planner
In addition to providing you peace of mind, working with a wedding planner will ensure months of preparation don’t go to waste. After all, as the bride or groom, you will not want to be bothered in the middle of your special day with a wedding-related emergency. Coordination on the day of the ceremony is just beginning when it comes to the responsibilities of a wedding planner. Particularly when having a destination wedding, finding the best vendors, keeping the lines of communication open, and making sure your big day goes smoothly are of the utmost importance. Don’t take on these burdens alone; hire a wedding planner to manage the details.
Chic Bahamas Weddings specializes in helping couples seal their love for one another in a memorable, pristine location. From simple and elegant to luxurious and timeless, weddings in the Bahamas are an unforgettable event when working with us. Contact us today to begin planning your luxury wedding on Bahamas’ pristine islands.