Baha Mar Wedding Venue: A Wedding Planner’s Guide
Everything You Need to Know About the Baha Mar Wedding Venue
Comprised of three luxurious resorts, spread out over a 100-acre oceanfront property that includes a myriad of outdoor and indoor wedding destination spots, the Baha Mar wedding venue is growing in popularity among locals and foreigners alike.
Just a quick 12-minute car ride from the Lynden International Airport, the Nassau, Bahamas wedding venue is the newest on the island of New Providence. The resorts are conveniently located near downtown Nassau. Additionally, downtown teems with plenty of attractions, sightseeing opportunities, and cultural immersion.
When building the Baha Mar wedding venue, one thing was mandatory from start to finish: luxurious details and finishes. The Baha Mar, for example, is home to an 18-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, the Caribbean’s largest casino, a flagship ESPA spa, and a plethora of restaurants, lounges, and luxury, along with some of the best shopping in the world. For those considering a wedding experience unlike any other, the Baha Mar is a utopian community accessible to everyone today.
Breaking Down The Three-Part Resort
The Baha Mar isn’t just one singular wedding venue. It has three different components that provide versatility and various ambiances per couple. For those interested in having a wedding at the Baha Mar, they can consider SLS, Grand Hyatt, and the Rosewood.
Furthermore, let’s look at each option with more clarity.
The Grand Hyatt
With a total of 1,800-rooms, more than 230 luxury suites with one, two, and three-bedroom options, and gorgeous views of the Dynamic Fountain Show, as well as the iconic Cable Beach, the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar embodies the essence of Bahamian culture with effortlessness. Enjoy dramatic landscapes, perfect ocean views, natural scenery, Caribbean architecture, and plenty of space for rehearsal dinners, ceremonies, and receptions. See Grand Hyatt’s wedding brochure here. And, click here to see the resort’s virtual tour.
Within the Grand Hyatt, you have a variety of venue options to consider, including:
- Waterside Chapel: This waterside chapel was conceived through inspiration for elegant coastal decor, providing the perfect venue to exchange those vows. With large, floor to ceiling windows that overlook the show fountains, guests can enjoy expansive views while listening to you say, “I Do.” The venue can accommodate up to 120 guests with pew seating, or 140 guests with folding chairs.
- Outdoor Venues: Who doesn’t want a wedding right on the beach? The Grand Hyatt is home to the white sandy beach wedding settings. Also, there are pool-side options or even a garden-theme under the warm Bahamian sky. Depending upon your personal preference, choose from:
- World-renowned Cable Beach (10–700 guests)
- Bougainvillea Lawn (10–700 guests)
- Elixir Pool (10–70 guests)
- Banyan Terrace (10-350 guests)
- Bamboo Terrace (10-45 guests)
- Jasmine Lawn (100- 500 guests)
- Hibiscus Lawn (10-200 guests)
- East | West Gazebos (2-10 guests)
- Palm Lawn (10-200 guests)
Grand Hyatt Indoor Venues
- Indoor Venues: If you’d rather opt for an indoor wedding with temperature control, the Baha Mar Convention, Arts & Entertainment Center doubles as an art gallery, featuring original works from Bahamas artists and 80,000-square-feet of state of the art indoor spaces. Depending upon your personal preference, choose from:
- Baha Mar Grand Ballroom (240-1,800 guests)
- Andros Ballroom (80-1,120 guests)
- New Providence Ballroom (80-910 guests)
- 3 Junior Ballrooms (50-100 guests
Moving onto the next wedding venue component of the Baha Mar is the SLS, a perfect embodiment of unsurpassed luxuriousness and lavishness, right at your disposal. The SLS has a 299 guestroom configuration with private suites, as well as a lifestyle hotel, chic restaurants, fabulous pools, Bungalow and Privilege, and nightclubs for fun long after the sun goes down.
Within the SLS, interested couples can consider the Skybar, the Monkey Bar, and Privilege for hosting destination wedding welcome receptions, as well as morning after brunches.
For cocktail hour receptions and mingling, couples can book the Rooftop Pavilion on the 7th floor for up to 300 guests. The Ballroom can serve an indoor reception for up to 210 people banquet style, and the Monkey Bar Terrace can provide the perfect setting for a Welcome Reception of up to 75 guests.
For those looking for the perfect Bahamas beach wedding venue, the SLS has a venue that accommodates up to 600 people. Say hello to white sand, aqua blue waters, sunsets the meet the ocean at the horizon, and a warm breeze that will have guests wondering if they are in heaven.
The Baha Mar Wedding Venue: Rosewood
Lastly, we have the Rosewood, hailed as a tropical oasis, the hidden gem of the Baha Mar. If you’re dreaming of a luxurious, tropical getaway that will make you feel like you’ve been whisked away to a land of nectar and honey, the Rosewood is the perfect venue for your Nassau, Bahamas wedding weekend celebration.
Enjoy a warm welcome curbside at the hotel’s entrance with a glass of Sky Juice, as you check-in to your suite, feeling an instant sense of belonging.
The Baha Mar Wedding Venue: Rosewood Spaces
Notable venues within the Rosewood include Tingum on the Beach. This is perfect welcome receptions, as well as the Rosewood Beach for an afternoon Ceremony. Furthermore, don’t forget about Cocktail Hour in the Rosewood Gardens, plus dinner and dancing in the Ballroom. Last but not least, there’s the After Party at Bond Night Club or Nexus. This ensures your guests can enjoy a full day of tropical immersion without ever leaving the venue. Have a look at a past Rosewood wedding here.
For golf aficionados, you can host your wedding cocktail hour and dinner at the Royal Blue Golf Course. This venue has space for up to 150-people. And for the morning after, enjoy brunch at the Rosewood Garden, or the Outdoor Terrace at Malam Indian Grill. Up to 50 people can dine at Malam at once. This means your guests will love the Bloody Mar’s and mimosas abounding.
Your One-Stop Baha Mar Wedding Venue
This all-in-one wedding venue complex provides guests with options to book indoor venues, outdoor venues, beach-front venues, golf course venues, and garden venues. Not to mention plenty of clubs, restaurants, and brunch spots to keep guests enthralled the entire weekend. Uniquely, it’s wedding planning made easy.
Contact us to plan your dreamy destination wedding today.