Bahamas Open! Come Host Your Destination Wedding in The Bahamas
On The Verge of Cancelling Your Bahamas Destination Wedding Plans?
Wait a minute! Your dream of celebrating your special day in the Bahamas can still come true!
Beginning 1st November, The Bahamas reopened its territory’s beaches and major hotels on all islands as part of the tourism Readiness & Recovery Plan. This means that you can host your Bahamas destination wedding hitch-free, despite the changes brought on by the coronavirus pandemic.
Travelers Entry Requirements Effective November 1
As of November 1, the Bahamas will require all travelers to:
- Obtain a COVID-19 RT PCR five (5) days prior to arrival.
- Apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at travel.gov.bs
- For the duration of the visit, complete a daily online health questionnaire for symptom tracking purposes.
- Take a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test on Day 5 of the visit (unless departing on day 5)
- Always wear a mask and always social distance in public places.
Prior to Travel:
1. COVID-19 RT-PCR Test
- All persons traveling to The Bahamas must obtain a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR (swab) test taken no more than five (5) days prior to the date of arrival.
- The name and address of the lab, where the test was performed, must be clearly displayed on the test result.
- Children age ten (10) and under.
- Pilots and crew of commercial airlines who remain overnight in The Bahamas.
2. Bahamas Health Travel Visa
- Once in possession of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result, apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at TRAVEL.GOV.BS
- Click on the International Tab and upload test results and other required documents.
- Fees for the Bahamas Health Travel Visa, inclusive of Day 5 Rapid Antigen Test and mandatory health insurance, are as follows:
- $40 – Visitors staying up to four nights and five days.
- $40 – Citizens and returning residents.
- $60 – Visitors staying more than four nights.
- Free – Children 10 years and under
1. Comply with Monitoring Protocols:
- Any visitor who exhibits COVID symptoms at any time during their stay will be required to take a Rapid Antigen Test and receive a negative result before being permitted to continue with their vacation.
- If a person tests positive they will be required to follow up with a COVID-19 RT-PCR swab test.
2. Rapid COVID-19 Antigen Testing (if applicable):
- All persons who are staying in The Bahamas longer than four nights/five days will be required to take a rapid COVID-19 antigen test.
- All visitors departing on or before five days will not be required to obtain this test.
- The rapid tests are easy, quick, and will yield results in 60 minutes or less with results being provided electronically via SMS text message and email.
- Hotel properties will provide relevant information on testing arrangements, while others will facilitate the required rapid test for their guests.
- All persons on yachts and other pleasure craft will be able to make arrangements for their required rapid tests at the port of entry or via the relevant website.
- All other visitors, returning residents, and citizens will be able to make arrangements for their required rapid tests at the port of entry or via the relevant website.
Wondering Which Bahamas Destination Wedding Venue Will Open Soon?
Baha Mar, home to widely celebrated brands Grand Hyatt, Rosewood, and SLS, has announced the resort destination’s phased reopening, welcoming back guests to Grand Hyatt Baha Mar on December 17, 2020. The phased reopening approach will continue with the opening of Rosewood Baha Mar, followed by SLS Baha Mar.
On December 17, Baha Mar will reopen to resort guests with enhanced safety and health measures in place. International travelers will be required to meet the entry protocols in place to visit The Bahamas. In addition to the entry requirements and protocols established by The Islands of The Bahamas, Baha Mar guests will be required to take a complimentary COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test upon arrival to the resort destination to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of guests and associates during their stay. This reopening will allow couples to continue with their Bahamas destination wedding planning.
Here are four luxury resorts, with incredible Bahamas destination wedding venues, to declare your love.
Grand Isle Resort & Spa (December)
You can host a beautiful private wedding ceremony in the top line villas of the Grand Isle Resort and Spa any day from 17th December.
The spectacular resort offers dreamy destination wedding venues. Luxury amenities and unique activities to make your wedding unforgettable await you.
Notably among these – 23 North. Perched oceanside with turquoise waters in the backdrop, 23 North is stunning. You and your wedding party will be pampered with luxury amenities and unique activities that will make your wedding unforgettable.
The Island House
The Island House is currently open to guests. Its beautifully-kept ground is perfect for a Bahamas destination wedding off the beach. Tucked away from the tourist crowds of Nassau, you can social-distance easily. It also has all the luxury amenities you and your guests will need, including a spa, two restaurants, a cafe, and an indoor art-house cinema.
The Exuma Outpost
The Exuma Outpost is a perfect Bahamas wedding venue. What’s more, this luxury resort is located in a cove on Little Exuma and can house up to 12 people. The villa sits on a 4000 sq. ft space. Six bedrooms and bathrooms and three kitchens are right at the front of a beautiful turquoise beach. You can host your wedding ceremony in any of its several outdoor event staging areas with lush pergolas, and banquet size tables. In addition, an indoor open dining area offers large enough space to accommodate gourmet courses.
Staniel Cay Yacht Club
Staniel Cay Yacht Club is a boater’s paradise. For couples who grew up visiting the Bahamas with boating parents and are now boaters themselves, Staniel Cay is perfect. A super convenient flight from Fort Lauderdale via Maker’s Air, the Cay has had no COVID cases. In fact, as a boutique resort, all of your Bahamas elopement events can take place here. And, you and your guests will enjoy fabulous nearby sandbars, swimming with the pigs, or boating.
Start Planning Your Destination Wedding Now
October kicked off our production of our Bahamas destination weddings. We were delighted to host micro weddings as well as elopements in Nassau and Exuma. Exuma is ideal for social distancing. Here you can enjoy public private beaches where only you, your loved one and the beach and ocean are present!
Yes, hosting a Bahamas destination wedding is a bit different now, but…
…with the assistance of Chic Bahamas, you can still say “I do” in the Bahamas in this time of social-distancing and mask-wearing. Your Bahamas destination wedding plans can easily become reality!
When you reach out to us, we will get on the phone and help you with your Bahamas destination wedding plans. As a matter of fact, we’ll help you find the best Bahamas destination wedding venue complimentary.
Or, Say Hi on Social Media!