Five Tips for Planning Your Exuma Bahamas Renewal of Vows
Planning your Exuma Bahamas Renewal of Vows? We’ve just organized Poppy and Henry’s Renewal of Vows at the beautiful Turquoise Cay Boutique Hotel, Exuma. The couple’s wedding anniversary occurred over the summer but, being busy individuals, neither had the time to plan a Renewal of Vows weekend.
Poppy contacted me a couple weeks ago about a recommendation for a place to host a Renewal of Vows ceremony. This was not difficult at all. I immediately recommended Turquoise Cay Boutique Hotel for the couple’s three-day/two-night stay. Poppy loved the information I sent her and away we went with setting-up her weekend at this gem. The first email I received upon arrival at the hotel was: “We are here. Love it!!! More later – dinner Time!”
And later: “Bliss! We are drinking the most incredible rose, about to tuck into a mountain of dessert. Everyone super nice.”
Surprise! Here’s Frankie, a front office associate, with conch shells ladened with fuschia bougainvillea, white plumeria and palms to line the hotel’s Dock where Poppy and Henry would renew their vows.
Tips for Planning Your Bahamas Renewal of Vows
1. Get in touch with a wedding Bahamas wedding planner for recommendations on where to host your Bahamas Renewal of Vows. This person is well versed in various experiences available throughout our Out Islands and, within a short window, can recommend the best place to stay, reserve your accommodations, book a celebrant to perform your Renewal of Vows, and work with your host hotel, Turquoise Cay, to arrange transfers to and from your hotel and your special dinner.
2. Speak with the celebrant to give him input on your Renewal. This personalizes your special occasion.
3. Talk with the hotel’s service team to give input on cuisine for your Renewal dinner following the ceremony. Every experience at Turquoise Cay is customized according to the guest’s personal taste.
4. Be sure to have the hotel reserve an excursion over the Renewal of Vows weekend. In this case, an excursion to the fabulous Chat ‘n Chill, Stocking Island, was arranged.
5. Relax and savour every moment of this most wonderful weekend!
Detailed photo of conch shells filled with fuschia bougainvillea, white plumeria and palms that lined the aisle for the Renewal Ceremony on Turquoise Cay’s Dock.
Pastor Kendal McKenzie performing Poppy and Henry’s Renewal of Wedding Vows just before sunset.
Ramiro of Turquoise Cay found a Brazilian Scarf for Poppy and Henry. The couple were married in Brazil. Here was something to bring back memories as they renewed vows and celebrated their wedding anniversary.
The Turquoise Cay team that served as witnesses for this Renewal of Vows. Pastor McKenzie, second left, is pictured with the couple, Poppy and Henry, along with the pastor’s wife, third from right.
End of Night Surprise
At the end of dinner, after indulging is what was described as the best duck I’ve ever tasted, Poppy and Henry returned to their suite to find the above turn-down. How lovely. What better way to end a perfect evening! We’d love to help you plan your Renewal of Vows at Turquoise Cay … contact Chic Bahamas Weddings today to begin planning!