Updated Travel Requirement For Bahamas Destination Wedding
We’ve got good news! If you’re planning to host a Bahamas destination wedding, you no longer need a negative COVID-19 PCR test result to gain entry into the Bahamas. On 23rd April 2021, the Government of the Islands of Bahamas announced an updated entry protocol that exempts international visitors, who have been fully vaccinated and passed the 2-week immunity period, from testing requirements for entry and inter-island travel. So, what will you need to travel to the Bahamas for your destination wedding post-COVID-19 vaccination? Keep reading to find out. Also, check out the Bahamas travel updates and see more details.
Bahamas Destination Wedding Travel Requirements
Requirements for Vaccinated Bahamas Destination Wedding Couples, Guests
Although you won’t need a COVID-19 test result if you’ve been fully vaccinated, you are still required to get a Health Travel Visa. For your Health Travel Visa application:
· You must have been fully vaccinated with a Pfizer, Moderna, J ohnson & Johnson or AstraZeneca vaccine.
· You’re required to upload a government-issued or CDC vaccine record card as proof of vaccination, in place of a COVID-19 PCR test result.
These requirements make traveling to the Bahamas to say “I do” to the love of your life easier. Unlike unvaccinated travelers, you won’t need to:
Provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test before entry.
Submit to rapid antigen testing when staying more than 5 days.
· Complete the daily health questionnaire during your
Requirements for Bahamas Destination Wedding Without Vaccination
Not vaccinated yet? You can still tie the knot with your partner in the Bahamas. However, you’ll need to adhere to the previous entry testing requirements. That is, you will need a Health Travel Visa, as well as:
· Provide proof of negative PCR test taken not more than 5 days before arrival.
· Conduct a rapid COVID-19 antigen test if staying longer than 5 days.
· Complete the daily health questionnaire during your stay.
Safety Protocols for All Bahamas Destination Wedding Couples
Whether you have taken the COVID-19 vaccination or you are unvaccinated, you are still required to adhere to the COVID-19 health and safety protocols while in the Bahamas. These protocols include:
· Wearing protective masks when outside your hotel room.
· Social distancing in gatherings, such as during island tours.
· Frequent handwashing and use of hand sanitizers.
To round up, although the pandemic is no longer as bad as it was last year, these requirements are still of high priority to maintain health and prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Need help hosting your Bahamas destination wedding safely?
Chic Bahamas Weddings is available to help organize the Bahamas destination wedding of your dream. We will not only take all the stress of planning your ceremony off your hands but will also ensure that safety measures are in place to keep your wedding party safe. Get in touch with us today for a free consultation to find out how we can help!