Wedding Destinations in The Bahamas
In this blog post, we discuss some of the different locations throughout the Bahamas that are perfect when it comes to planning a wedding.
Your wedding is one of the most exciting milestones of your life, and you have to remember that when you’re planning it.
The result of your wedding is getting to spend the rest of your life with the person that you love most in the world, so it’s important that you do it right! When planning your wedding, expand your horizon and consider having a wedding abroad. Perhaps in Rome, or Paris, or today’s focus, in the Bahamas. With that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the islands that the Wedding Destinations in The Bahamas have to offer for your special day.
Wedding Destinations in The Bahamas: The Exumas
The Exumas aren’t one island, but are a collection of hundreds of islands … Great Exuma, Little Exuma and The Cays. Each island provides you with a different experience, although no matter what you will enjoy it. This is the prime location in regards to luxury, and if you’re looking to spend not only your wedding, but your honeymoon too, in luxury, then it doesn’t get much better than this. This collection of islands are known for their luxury, comfort, and the laid-back atmosphere that they provide, and that’s exactly what they do.
Travel and Leisure Magazine recently rated The Exumas among the top 10 Islands in the Caribbean, Bermuda and Bahamas because of the stunning and pristine beaches. The Exumas crystal clear waters boast 19 shades of blue. Powdery white sand beaches and turquoise blue waters set the tone for your exquisite Bahamas wedding in the Exumas.
Grand Isle Resort and Spa and Sandals Emerald Bay, in addition to villas and beach houses, offer a superb mix of locations for your wedding weekend celebration.
The Exumas are world renowned for the Swimming with the Pigs excursion. Many destination wedding groups include this treat as a day after activity. Not to be forgotten is the Stocking Island experience at Chat ‘n Chill. The two may be combined into a day’s activity.
Perhaps you’re looking for somewhere that you can spend your time relaxing, or maybe you’re looking to have as much fun as possible. Regardless of what you’re looking for, Eleuthera is the perfect island in the Bahamas for you. This island is home to some of the most beautiful beaches and cliffs across the globe, and if you’re looking to create your memories while looking across the deep blue ocean as if you were in a movie, then this is the island for you. Gorgeous hotels such as The Cove Eleuthera and French Leave are elegant choices for your Bahamas wedding.
Regardless of whether you want a simple wedding with you, your family, and your close friends, or you want a full blown event for over 200 people, the Abacos are definitely worth the consideration. While staying here, there are several resorts that will cater to your every need in order to ensure that your wedding day is as close to perfect as possible and that you get the wedding that you want. To make things even better, when it comes to the honeymoon, if you’re someone who enjoys swimming or diving, there is a labyrinth of underwater caves that you can spend a day checking out!
The Abaco Club on Winding Bay is one of our favorite wedding destinations in the Bahamas.
We also particularly like hopping the cays via water taxi. Unique experiences await you.
Wedding Destinations in The Bahamas: Grand Bahama
Another one of our popular wedding destinations in The Bahamas is Grand Bahama island. On this island, you will be embraced by a community of fun loving individuals who will love celebrating every moment of your wedding along with you. While staying on this island, you will be creating the perfect memories for you and your loved ones to remember in the coming years. These perfect memories will take place in the perfect location. By the beach, while you embrace the heat given off by the sun, and dreaming of nothing but spending the rest of your days together with your one and only. If you want the wedding of your dreams, this island is the perfect place to start.
The nature island, Grand Bahama offers myriad nature based activities for your and your guests to enjoy over a destination wedding weekend. Here, you may do it all or nothing at all. East and West Grand Bahama are superb getaways for a day’s excursion.
Pelican Bay Hotel, located at water’s edge, is a lovely medium size property. If you seek privacy and seclusion, this is it.
Why a Destination Wedding?
Wedding destinations in The Bahamas are quite accessible. Islands are serviced from various US cities. Consider the following reasons why people choose to have a destination wedding.
- Intimacy. Destination weddings require travel by nature. As a result, some people simply won’t be able to come. A wedding that requires travel is a great excuse to have a smaller guest list without hurting anybody’s feelings. Small, intimate weddings tend to be more fun for the couple than enormous parties where the couple must greet everyone.
- What’s more, a typical wedding only lasts a few hours, which again cuts down on the couple being able to spend quality time with the people they love. Destination weddings, on the other hand, usually last several days. With a smaller guest list and a longer event, you’ll be able to spend your wedding bonding with the people you love.
- Easier planning. Wedding planning is widely understood as nightmarish in its complexity. Having to deal with the guest list, venue, schedule, catering, seating arrangements, and space constraints are only the beginning of the long list of tasks a couple planning a wedding must undertake. When you choose a destination wedding at a resort, planning help is often offered to you free of charge. What’s more, most resorts offer packages that have many options for customization. Planning is therefore easy, without sacrificing quality.
- Discount vacation for your guests. Most resorts offer group discounted rooms for your guests. Your friends and family will love you for giving them the opportunity for an affordable, memorable vacation at whatever scenic location you choose.
- Savings. Many couples choose to travel for their honeymoon. By combining your wedding and honeymoon into one trip, you can save a lot of money and lose nothing. The wedding packages and smaller wedding party that come with destination weddings make them not as expensive as couples tend to assume. Having a big wedding at home can cost just as much or more than a high quality destination wedding.
The best reason for choosing one of these islands as a wedding destination in the Bahamas? Each island is beautiful in a different way. While you’re in the Bahamas, you’ll enjoy every moment of it. The weather, the communities, the atmosphere. You will be surrounded by hundreds of happy people, and you will become one of those happy people while you’re staying there. If you take the leap and make the choice to have a wedding in the Bahamas, stretch it out and even consider spending your honeymoon there as well! It’ll even save you money as you won’t have to travel, and you’ll get to spend more time there too!
Contact us today to begin planning your Bahamas destination wedding. We’d love to help you!