Planning A Wedding in the Bahamas
Just engaged and planning a wedding in the Bahamas? We’re here to help you! Planning a Bahamas wedding entails several phases. Important to realize is that most weddings are planned one year to nine months prior to the event date. And, with many couples planning a destination wedding, we share with you key items to get the process started.
- Organize a Wedding Binder and digital files
- Prepare a planning schedule
- Purchase Wedding Insurance
- Compile a guest list
- Set a budget
- Research wedding planners or month of wedding management
Planning in the Bahamas – When and Where?
- Profile destination
- Research islands and Bahamas wedding resorts
- Decide on date
- Research travel and accommodations options and guest room rates
- Check for travel advisories
- Get family approval
- Research and select honeymoon destination
- Assess needs to take a planning trip
Note: All religious and civil ceremonies performed by Bahamian marriage officers are legal in the US and elsewhere.
Chic Bahamas Weddings offers full-service destination wedding planning as well as the month of wedding management and day-of coordination. However, your choice of service very much hinges of how hands-on you are. All things considered, being able to turn over all details you have worked on over the months to a professional is wonderful. In essence, this allows you can be a guest at your wedding.